Jump to Main Content
- Li Dong; Yaqian Jin; Huihui Cui; Lihuai Yu; Yang Luo; Shunan Wang; Hongrong Wang
- Meat science 2020 v.166 pp. 108154
- abdominal fat; betaine; carcass characteristics; dietary supplements; gene expression regulation; genes; lamb meat; lambs; lipid content; longissimus muscle; phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase
- ... This study evaluated the effects of dietary rumen-protected betaine (RPB) supplementation on the fat deposition of lambs. Sixty Hu sheep were randomly divided into 5 groups. The lambs were fed a control diet (CON) or diets supplemented with 1.1 g/d unprotected betaine (UPB), 1.1 g/d RPB, 2.2 g/d RPB or 3.3 g/d RPB for 70 days. Compared with UPB, the abdominal fat in 2.2 g/d RPB supplemented group ...
- Yayuan Yang; Ling Han; Qunli Yu; Yongfang Gao; Rende Song; Suonan Zhao
- Meat science 2020 v.162 pp. 108019
- altitude; bioinformatics; energy metabolism; enzymes; gene expression regulation; glycolysis; longissimus muscle; muscle protein; phosphoproteins; protein phosphorylation; protein synthesis; proteomics; yaks
- ... Yaks in high altitude regions display good adaptability to hypoxic environment. However, the mechanism involved in regulating muscle protein expression in hypoxic environment is not completely clear yet. To explore the mechanisms modulating postmortem alterations, quantitative phosphoproteomic analysis was performed on muscles of yaks raised at two different altitudes. The results indicated that 4 ...