Jump to Main Content
- Bermúdez-Oria, Alejandra; Rodríguez-Gutiérrez, Guillermo; Rubio-Senent, Fátima; Fernández-Prior, África; Fernández-Bolaños, Juan
- Meat science 2019 v.148 pp. 213-218
- lipid peroxidation, etc ; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; beef; beeswax; cold storage; composite films; composite materials; edible films; gelatin; glycerol; olives; oxidation; oxygen; permeability; plasticizers; raw meat; sorbitol; storage temperature; storage time; thiobarbituric acid; thiobarbituric acid-reactive substances; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... The objective of this research was to evaluate the effect of the addition of two antioxidants naturally present in olives, hydroxytyrosol (HT) and 3,4-dihydroxyphenylglycol (DHPG), to a pectin-fish gelatin edible film on the preservation of raw beef meat during refrigerated storage. A new composite film that included beeswax was also prepared, resulting in a reduction in the film's oxygen permeabi ...
- Bellés, Marc; del Mar Campo, María; Roncalés, Pedro; Beltrán, José Antonio
- Meat science 2019 v.149 pp. 14-23
- lipid peroxidation, etc ; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; discoloration; fatty acid composition; lamb meat; meat quality; muscles; nutrition; odors; polyunsaturated fatty acids; vitamin E; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Vitamin E is a fat-soluble antioxidant, therefore, it can be stored in any fat depot in the body, where it exerts a potent chain-breaking antioxidant effect. Moreover, the antioxidant activity of vitamin E-like compounds is also present in meat post mortem. The deposition of tocopherol in the muscle depends on the dosage, the source, and the period of supplementation, so different dosage-time comb ...