Jump to Main Content
- Possamai, Ana Paula S.; Alcalde, Claudete R.; Feihrmann, Andresa C.; Possamai, Ana Cássia S.; Rossi, Robson M.; Lala, Bruno; Claudino-Silva, Stefania C.; Macedo, Francisco de Assis F.
- Meat science 2018 v.139 pp. 107-112
- lipid peroxidation, etc ; alpha-tocopherol; animal feeding; body weight; dietary supplements; goats; longissimus muscle; malondialdehyde; meat; prediction; shelf life; temperature; thiobarbituric acid-reactive substances; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... This work aims at evaluating shelf life of meat from Boer-Saanen cross goats fed on diets containing vitamin E. Thirty-five feedlot-fed goats with an initial body weight of 21.6±2.8kg were subjected to four treatments in a completely randomized design: a control treatment with vitamin E plus others containing 50, 150, and 450mg dl-α-tocopherol acetate/kg DM. Longissimus lumborum (LL) muscle sample ...
- de Mello, A.S.; Jenschke, B.E.; Senaratne, L.S.; Carr, T.P.; Erickson, G.E.; Calkins, C.R.
- Meat science 2018 v.136 pp. 16-22
- lipid peroxidation, etc ; beef; beef quality; corn; diet; distillers grains; fatty acid composition; finishing; longissimus muscle; marbling; polyunsaturated fatty acids; psoas muscles; sensory properties; shear stress; shelf life; steers; texture; yearlings; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... The objective of this study was to evaluate the effects of feeding wet distillers grains plus solubles (WDGS) on quality attributes of three beef muscles (longissimus lumborum, psoas major, and infraspinatus). Ninety-six, yearlings crossbred steers were randomly assigned to one of three dietary treatments (Corn, 15%, or 30% WDGS - DM basis) and fed for 133 d. No significant differences were observ ...