Jump to Main Content
- Jiang, Jiang; Tang, Xinyue; Xue, Yan; Lin, Gang; Xiong, Youling L.
- Meat science 2017 v.131 pp. 99-106
- lipid peroxidation, etc ; antioxidants; crossbreds; diet; drip loss; enzyme activity; fatty acid composition; food storage; linseed oil; meat tenderness; nutrient content; omega-3 fatty acids; oxidation; oxidative stability; pork; selenium; sodium selenite; soybean oil; soybeans; swine; swine feeding; thiobarbituric acid-reactive substances; water holding capacity; yeasts; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... Cross-bred pigs were fed a control diet (with 0.3ppm sodium selenite and 1.5% soybean oil) or organic selenium diets (0.3ppm Se-Yeast with 1.5% soybean or linseed oil) to investigate nutrient supplement effects on meat quality and oxidative stability. The organic selenium diets increased muscular selenium content up to 54%, and linseed oil increased n-3 fatty acids two-fold while lowering the n-6/ ...
- Leticia, Mateo; Paola, Delgado; Jordi, Ortuño; Julio, Otal; Sancho, Bañón
- Meat science 2017 v.134 pp. 44-53
- lipid peroxidation, etc ; Salvia lavandulifolia; alfalfa; antimicrobial properties; antioxidants; barley; body weight; byproducts; conjugated linoleic acid; dietary supplements; discoloration; distillation; ewes; fatty acid composition; grazing; intramuscular fat; lambs; meat; meat quality; omega-3 fatty acids; polyphenols; polyunsaturated fatty acids; rancidity; rearing; sage; shelf life; shrublands; Show all 27 Subjects
- ... Sage distillation by-product (SDB) was tested as dietary supplement in lambs for its effects on the lipid profile and meat stability. Segureño lambs from two different rearing systems (ewes grazing Mediterranean shrubland vs. ewes fed indoors on barley/lucerne) were weaned at 13kg live weight and given a basal diet (concentrate) or the SDB diet (concentrate with 100gSDBkg−1 feed) until they reache ...