Jump to Main Content
- Moon, Hyeree; Kim, Nam Hee; Kim, Soon Han; Kim, Younghoon; Ryu, Jee Hoon; Rhee, Min Suk
- Meat science 2017 v.129 pp. 147-152
- lipid peroxidation, etc ; Escherichia coli O157; Listeria monocytogenes; Salmonella Typhimurium; aerobes; beef; carvacrol; coliform bacteria; color; flora; inoculum; marinating; pH; pathogens; risk; soy sauce; synergism; thymol; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... An effective bactericidal cold-marinating method for beef products is described, exploiting the synergism between soy sauce and natural compounds (carvacrol, CV or thymol, TM) to reduce microbiological risks. Beef slices inoculated with Escherichia coli O157:H7, Listeria monocytogenes, and Salmonella Typhimurium (3.1–3.5logCFU/g) were marinated in a teriyaki sauce with or without CV and TM (0.3 an ...
- Bauer, A.; Ni, Y.; Bauer, S.; Paulsen, P.; Modic, M.; Walsh, J.L.; Smulders, F.J.M.
- Meat science 2017 v.128 pp. 77-87
- lipid peroxidation, etc ; Escherichia coli; Listeria monocytogenes; Staphylococcus aureus; atmospheric pressure; beef; color; consumer acceptance; loins (meat cut); myoglobin; nitrates; nitrites; packaging films; protein denaturation; sensory properties; vacuum packaging; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Effects on vacuum packaged and non-packaged beef longissimus samples exposed to atmospheric cold plasma (ACP) generated at different powers were studied over a 10day period of vacuum-, and a subsequent 3day period of aerobic storage. Exposure of non-covered beef samples under high power ACP conditions resulted in increased a*, b*, Chroma and Hue values, but ACP treatment of packaged loins did not ...