Jump to Main Content
- Van Rooyen, Lauren Anne; Allen, Paul; Crawley, Sarah M.; O'Connor, David I.
- Meat science 2017 v.129 pp. 74-80
- lipid peroxidation, etc ; beef; carbon dioxide; carbon monoxide; color; cooking quality; discoloration; exposure duration; freshness; longissimus muscle; microbiological quality; spoilage; steaks; vacuum packaging; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... The effect of 5% CO pretreatments prior to vacuum packaging of beef striploin steaks (Longissimus thoracis et lumborum, LTL) on quality attributes, primarily colour stability was investigated. The aim was to determine the optimum pretreatment that would induce the desirable red colour, while allowing discoloration to occur by the end of a 28-day display period (2°C), so as to not mask spoilage. A ...
- Łopacka, Joanna; Półtorak, Andrzej; Wierzbicka, Agnieszka
- Meat science 2017 v.124 pp. 1-8
- lipid peroxidation, etc ; beef; carbon dioxide; cattle; color; longissimus muscle; modified atmosphere packaging; myoglobin; oxygen; steaks; storage time; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... This paper reports the impact of modified atmosphere gas compositions with different concentrations of CO2/O2/N2 on physicochemical traits of beef steaks from M. longissimus lumborum and M. gluteus medius. Samples were stored at +2°C for 12days. The gas compositions were as follows: (i) 50% O2/20% CO2/30% N2 (MAP1), (ii) 65% O2/20% CO2/15% N2 (MAP2) and (iii) 80% O2/20% CO2 (MAP3). Packaging atmos ...