Jump to Main Content
- de Oliveira Monteschio, Jéssica; de Souza, Kennyson Alves; Vital, Ana Carolina Pelaes; Guerrero, Ana; Valero, Maribel Velandia; Kempinski, Emília Maria Barbosa Carvalho; Barcelos, Vinícius Cunha; Nascimento, Karina Favoreto; do Prado, Ivanor Nunes
- Meat science 2017 v.130 pp. 50-57
- lipid peroxidation, etc ; Nellore; antioxidant activity; cloves; color; cooking quality; essential oils; eugenol; fat thickness; feedlots; feeds; heifers; longissimus muscle; marbling; meat; pH; rosemary; shelf life; texture; thawing; thymol; vanillin; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... Forty Nellore heifers were fed (73days) with different diets: with or without essential oils (clove and/or rosemary essential oil) and/or active principle blend (eugenol, thymol and vanillin). The pH, fat thickness, marbling, muscle area and water losses (thawing and drip) were evaluated 24h post mortem on the Longissimus thoracis, and the effects of aging (14days) was evaluated on the meat cookin ...
- Ponnampalam, Eric N.; Plozza, Tim; Kerr, Matthew G.; Linden, Nick; Mitchell, Meredith; Bekhit, Alaa El-Din A.; Jacobs, Joe L.; Hopkins, David L.
- Meat science 2017 v.129 pp. 43-49
- lipid peroxidation, etc ; Lolium; alfalfa; color; crossbreds; ewes; feedlots; finishing; head; lamb meat; lambs; longissimus muscle; meat aging; off flavors; pastures; pellets; rancidity; shelf life; thiobarbituric acid-reactive substances; vacuum packaging; wethers; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Eighty-four crossbred wether and ewe lambs were allocated to four finishing diets. The diets were: Lucerne pasture (n=24), Annual ryegrass with sub clover pasture (n=18), Standard commercial feedlot pellets (n=24) and Annual ryegrass based pasture and commercial feedlot pellets (500g/day/head) (n=18). After 8weeks of feeding the lambs were slaughtered and the m. longissimus (LL) and m. semimembran ...