Jump to Main Content
- Albrecht, Elke; Kuzinski, Judith; Komolka, Katrin; Gotoh, Takafumi; Maak, Steffen
- Meat science 2015 v.100 pp. 237-245
- Wagyu, etc ; Holstein; adipocytes; adipogenesis; correlation; finishing; immunohistochemistry; lipid content; marbling; messenger RNA; muscles; skeletal muscle; slaughter; steers; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Localization and abundance of early markers of adipogenic differentiation were investigated in bovine muscle tissue to verify their association with marbling development. Bovine skeletal muscle samples were used for immunohistochemical localization and measurement of mRNA and protein abundance of delta-like homolog 1 (DLK1) and CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein beta (CEBPB). The localization of DLK1- ...
- Tong, B.; Gao, G.Q.; Muramatsu, Y.; Ohta, T.; Kose, H.; Li, G.P.; Fatchiyah, F.; Yamada, T.
- Meat science 2015 v.108 pp. 28-31
- Wagyu, etc ; alleles; beef cattle; cell proliferation; correlation; homozygosity; longissimus muscle; marbling; polymerase chain reaction; progeny; promoter regions; quantitative trait loci; single nucleotide polymorphism; sires; steers; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... The septin 7 (CDC10) gene, involved in cellular proliferation, has been previously shown to be expressed at different levels in the longissimus muscle (LM) between low-marbled and high-marbled steer groups by differential-display PCR. It is located within the genomic region of a quantitative trait locus for marbling, and thus was considered as a positional functional candidate gene for marbling. I ...