Jump to Main Content
- Kim, Y.H.B.; Lonergan, S.M.; Grubbs, J.K.; Cruzen, S.M.; Fritchen, A.N.; della Malva, A.; Marino, R.; Huff-Lonergan, E.
- Meat science 2013 v.94 no.3 pp. 289-296
- electrical treatment, etc ; Western blotting; autolysis; beef; longissimus muscle; meat aging; meat carcasses; pH; sensory evaluation; steaks; steers; troponin T; vacuum packaging; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... This experiment was conducted to determine the influence of low voltage electrical stimulation (ES) on the tenderness development of beef round muscles. Eight steers were slaughtered, and ES applied to one side of each carcass within 90min of exsanguination. Steaks from M. longissimus dorsi, semimembranosus, adductor, and gracilis were vacuum packaged and aged at 4°C for 9d. Star probe, sensory ev ...
- Toohey, E.S.; van de Ven, R.; Thompson, J.M.; Geesink, G.H.; Hopkins, D.L.
- Meat science 2013 v.93 no.2 pp. 187-193
- electrical treatment, etc ; color; cooking quality; meat; meat quality; pH; sarcomeres; shear stress; sheep; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... This study evaluated the interaction between medium voltage electrical stimulation, SmartStretch™ stretching and ageing treatments on key meat quality traits of hot boned sheep m. semimembranosus. Medium voltage stimulation reduced initial pH (P<0.001), but did not impact on other meat quality traits. There was a significant interaction between stretch treatment and ageing (P<0.001) for shear forc ...