Jump to Main Content
- Stina C.M. Burri; Anders Ekholm; Uko Bleive; Tõnu Püssa; Martin Jensen; Jarkko Hellström; Sari Mäkinen; Risto Korpinen; Pirjo H. Mattila; Vitalijs Radenkovs; Dalija Segliņa; Åsa Håkansson; Kimmo Rumpunen; Eva Tornberg
- Meat science 2020 v.162 pp. 108033
- Satureja hortensis; antioxidants; beets; ethanol; freeze drying; fruit juices; horticultural crops; leaves; linoleic acid; lipid peroxidation; model food systems; olives; oxidation; plant extracts; polyphenols; powders; processed meat; proteins; rhubarb; screening; spray drying; thiobarbituric acid-reactive substances; vegetable juices; wastewater
- ... A meat model system was used for screening lipid oxidation inhibiting capacity of diverse horticultural plant materials. In the model, heme-containing sarcoplasmic proteins from the meat water-phase were homogenized with linoleic acid and thiobarbituric reactive substances (TBARS) were measured. 23 Plant materials were investigated at three high (50, 100, and 200 ppm) concentrations and five plant ...
- Cisem Sucu; Gulen Yildiz Turp
- Meat science 2018 v.140 pp. 158-166
- beef; beets; color; lactic acid bacteria; nitrates; sausages; sensory evaluation; sodium nitrite; storage temperature; storage time; thiobarbituric acid-reactive substances
- ... The objective of this study was to examine the effects of reformulation of Turkish dry fermented beef sausage (sucuk) by replacing nitrite with beetroot powder (BP), which has high nitrate content, on some quality characteristics of the product during storage at 4 °C for 84 days. Four different sausage formulations were produced containing C:150 mg/kg sodium nitrite; BS1:100 mg/kg sodium nitrite a ...