Jump to Main Content
- Choe, Wonho, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Meat science 2017 v.123 pp. 151-156
- Aspergillus flavus; Escherichia coli O157; Listeria monocytogenes; Salmonella Typhimurium; adverse effects; bacteria; decontamination; flavor; meat; meat jerky; molds (fungi); off odors; packaging; physicochemical properties; sensory evaluation
- ... The aims of the present study were to examine the use of a flexible thin-layer plasma system in inactivating bacteria and mold on beef jerky in a commercial package and to evaluate the physicochemical changes of the jerky. After plasma treatment for 10min, Escherichia coli O157:H7, Listeria monocytogenes, Salmonella Typhimurium, and Aspergillus flavus populations on the beef jerky were reduced by ...
- Choe, Wonho, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Meat science 2015 v.108 pp. 132-137
- atmospheric pressure; celery; color; peroxide value; plate count; sausages; sensory properties; sodium nitrite; storage time; taste
- ... We investigated the possible use of atmospheric pressure plasma-treated water (PTW) as a nitrite source in curing process. Emulsion-type sausages were manufactured with PTW, celery powder containing nitrite, and synthetic sodium nitrite at a concentration of nitrite ion 70mgkg−1. In terms of sausage quality, there were no noticeable effects of PTW on the total aerobic bacterial counts, color, and ...