Jump to Main Content
- Altarriba, J., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Meat science 2006 v.73 no.1 pp. 144-150
- swine breeds; genotype; alpha-melanocyte-stimulating hormone; alleles; swine feeding; feed conversion; liveweight gain; meat cuts; backfat; dressing percentage; lean meat; pig carcasses; carcass weight; carcass yield; selection criteria
- ... MC4R, melanocortin-4 receptor, is involved in feed intake regulation. A mutation in a single base of MC4R, a G/A substitution in position 1426, has been linked to enhanced backfat thickness, average daily gain and daily feed intake. We present in this work a method to diagnose this mutation using real time PCR (RT-PCR) which allows rapid, cheap and reliable analysis of hundreds of samples in just ...
- Altarriba, J., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Meat science 2006 v.72 no.2 pp. 252-260
- dried meat; cured meats; lipid content; sires; electrical conductivity; sensory evaluation; texture; marbling; dressing percentage; carcass weight; Duroc; lean meat; ham; pH; color; crossbreds; food acceptability; breeding lines; backfat
- ... Carcasses of 399 malignant hyperthermia gene free pigs from crosses sired by three types of Duroc (Virgen de la Fuente, DU1; Diputacion de Teruel, DU2; DanBred, DU3) were analyzed for carcass and meat quality. Carcass leanness and fat parameters were measured at the last rib and at the space between the 3rd and 4th last ribs counting from the last one. Weights, pH, electrical conductivity, colour ...