Jump to Main Content
- FERREIRA, F. M.; DELMONTE, C. C.; NOVATO, T. L. P.; MONTEIRO, C. M. O.; DAEMON, E.; VILELA, F. M. P.; AMARAL, M. P. H.
- Medical and veterinary entomology 2018 v.32 no.1 pp. 41-47
- acaricidal properties, etc ; Rhipicephalus microplus; Syzygium aromaticum; acaricides; adults; cloves; essential oils; eugenol; females; financial economics; larvae; medicinal plants; mortality; ticks; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... The cattle tick, Rhipicephalus microplus (Canestrini, 1888) (Ixodida: Ixodidae), is the most important ectoparasite in cattle‐breeding areas and is responsible for severe economic losses. Synthetic acaricides have been used to control this parasite. However, the need for safer products has stimulated the search for new acaricides, such as those to be obtained from medicinal plants. The essential o ...
- Abdelfattah, E. M.; Vezzoli, G.; Buczkowski, G.; Makagon, M. M.
- Medical and veterinary entomology 2018 v.32 no.3 pp. 304-310
- acaricidal properties, etc ; Cymbopogon; Lavandula; Ornithonyssus sylviarum; application rate; direct contact; ectoparasites; essential oils; fumigants; garlic; hematophagy; mite infestations; mortality; oils; pesticides; poultry; thyme; toxicity; vapors; United States; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... The northern fowl mite (NFM), Ornithonyssus sylviarum (Mesostigmata: Macronyssidae), is the primary blood‐feeding ectoparasite found on poultry in the U.S.A. Three experiments were conducted in vitro to test the acaricidal properties of cade, garlic, lavender, lemongrass, pine and thyme essential oils against NFM, and to evaluate whether these effects are altered by adjusting oil application rates ...