Jump to Main Content
- GERMANO, M. D.; PICOLLO, M. I.
- Medical and veterinary entomology 2016 v.30 no.4 pp. 416-425
- Chagas disease; Triatoma infestans; adults; chemical control; deltamethrin; disease vectors; fecundity; insects; life tables; longevity; mechanism of action; models; nymphs; population growth; progeny; reproductive performance; retrospective studies; Argentina; Latin America
- ... Triatoma infestans (Heteroptera: Reduviidae) Klug is the main vector of Chagas disease in Latin America. Resistance to deltamethrin was reported in Argentina and recently associated with reproductive and longevity trade‐offs. The objectives of the present study were to describe the demographic consequences of deltamethrin resistance in T. infestans and to establish possible target stages for chemi ...
- TARRAGONA, E. L.; SOARES, J. F.; COSTA, F. B.; LABRUNA, M. B.; NAVA, S.
- Medical and veterinary entomology 2016 v.30 no.4 pp. 410-415
- Amblyomma; Rickettsia rickettsii; Rocky Mountain spotted fever; hosts; humans; pathogens; ticks; transovarial transmission; vector competence; Argentina
- ... The aim of this work was to test the vectorial competence of Amblyomma tonelliae (Ixodida: Ixodidae) to transmit Rickettsia rickettsii (Rickettsiales: Rickettsiaceae), the agent of Rocky Mountain spotted fever (RMSF). All parasitic stages of A. tonelliae were exposed to R. rickettsii by allowing each stage to feed on hosts inoculated with this pathogen. Thereafter, ticks were fed on uninfected hos ...