Jump to Main Content
- GAMES, P. D.; ALVES, S. N.; KATZ, B. B.; TOMICH, J. M.; SERRÃO, J. E.
- Medical and veterinary entomology 2016 v.30 no.3 pp. 253-263
- Culex quinquefasciatus; Yellow fever virus; bioinformatics; dengue; desorption; dose response; encephalitis; energy; filariasis; gene expression regulation; immune response; insecticidal properties; ionization; larvae; malaria; mass spectrometry; mechanism of action; midgut; pathogens; protein synthesis; proteins; proteome; proteomics; temephos; two-dimensional gel electrophoresis; Brazil
- ... Mosquitoes are vectors for pathogens of malaria, lymphatic filariasis, dengue, chikungunya, yellow fever and Japanese encephalitis. Culex quinquefasciatus Say, 1823 (Diptera: Culicidae) is a known vector of lymphatic filariasis. Its control in Brazil has been managed using the organophosphate temephos. Studies examining the proteins of Cx. quinquefasciatus that are differentially expressed in resp ...
- HISCOX, A.; HIROOKA, R.; VONGPHAYLOTH, K.; HILL, N.; LINDSAY, S. W.; GRANDADAM, M.; BREY, P. T.
- Medical and veterinary entomology 2016 v.30 no.1 pp. 95-100
- Armigeres subalbatus; Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; Dengue virus; confidence interval; dengue; encephalitis; females; habitats; larvae; light traps; odds ratio; people; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; risk; seals; septic systems; soil; transcription (genetics); trapping; vector control; villages; viruses; wet season; Laos
- ... During the resettlement of 6500 persons living around the Nam Theun 2 hydroelectric project in Laos, more than 1200 pour‐flush latrines were constructed. To assess the role of these latrines as productive larval habitats for mosquitoes, entomological investigations using Centers for Disease Control (CDC) light traps, visual inspection and emergence trapping were carried out in over 300 latrines du ...