Jump to Main Content
- APANASKEVICH, D. A.; BANDARANAYAKA, K. O.; APANASKEVICH, M. A.; RAJAKARUNA, R. S.
- Medical and veterinary entomology 2016 v.30 no.3 pp. 330-341
- sympatry; parasitism; Amblyomma; redescriptions; eyes; males; nymphs; mammals; larvae; immatures; females; adults; Sri Lanka; India
- ... Amblyomma integrum Karsch, 1879 (Acari: Ixodidae) is one of four Amblyomma Koch, 1844 species with eyes found in southern India and Sri Lanka. The immature stages of this species were poorly described. Therefore, accurate identification is difficult. Here we re‐describe the male, female, nymph and larva of A. integrum and illustrate all the stages in greater detail for the first time. A set of dia ...
- HISCOX, A.; HIROOKA, R.; VONGPHAYLOTH, K.; HILL, N.; LINDSAY, S. W.; GRANDADAM, M.; BREY, P. T.
- Medical and veterinary entomology 2016 v.30 no.1 pp. 95-100
- Armigeres subalbatus; Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; Dengue virus; confidence interval; dengue; encephalitis; females; habitats; larvae; light traps; odds ratio; people; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; risk; seals; septic systems; soil; transcription (genetics); trapping; vector control; villages; viruses; wet season; Laos
- ... During the resettlement of 6500 persons living around the Nam Theun 2 hydroelectric project in Laos, more than 1200 pour‐flush latrines were constructed. To assess the role of these latrines as productive larval habitats for mosquitoes, entomological investigations using Centers for Disease Control (CDC) light traps, visual inspection and emergence trapping were carried out in over 300 latrines du ...