Jump to Main Content
- CABANELAS, E.; LÓPEZ, C. M.; DÍAZ, P.; PÉREZ ‐CREO, A.; MORRONDO, P.; DÍEZ ‐BAÑOS, P.; PANADERO, R.
- Medical and veterinary entomology 2016 v.30 no.4 pp. 439-443
- Hypoderma lineatum; T-lymphocytes; antigens; cattle; cell proliferation; cell-mediated immunity; instars; interferon-gamma; interleukin-10; interleukin-4; larvae; neutralization
- ... This study investigates the in vitro modulatory effects of interferon‐γ (IFN‐γ) and interleukin‐4 (IL‐4) on both proliferative bovine T cell responses and IL‐10 production induced by different antigens [crude larval extract and the purified fractions hypodermin A, B and C (HyA, HyB, HyC)] obtained from first instars of Hypoderma lineatum (Diptera: Oestridae), alone or in the presence of the mitoge ...
- PERKINS, L. E.; ZALUCKI, M. P.; PERKINS, N. R.; CAWDELL‐SMITH, A. J.; TODHUNTER, K. H.; BRYDEN, W. L.; CRIBB, B. W.
- Medical and veterinary entomology 2016 v.30 no.2 pp. 241-245
- Notodontidae; autumn; electron microscopy; exoskeleton; farms; fetal death; fetus; hairs; horses; instars; larvae; moths; nests; placenta; pupae; pupation; soil; spring; summer; Australia
- ... The bag‐shelter moth, Ochrogaster lunifer Herrich‐Schaffer (Lepidoptera: Notodontidae), is associated with a condition called equine amnionitis and fetal loss (EAFL) on horse farms in Australia. Setal fragments from O. lunifer larvae have been identified in the placentas of experimentally aborted fetuses and their dams, and in clinical abortions. The gregarious larvae build silken nests in which l ...