Jump to Main Content
- APANASKEVICH, D. A.; BANDARANAYAKA, K. O.; APANASKEVICH, M. A.; RAJAKARUNA, R. S.
- Medical and veterinary entomology 2016 v.30 no.3 pp. 330-341
- sympatry; parasitism; Amblyomma; redescriptions; eyes; males; nymphs; mammals; larvae; immatures; females; adults; Sri Lanka; India
- ... Amblyomma integrum Karsch, 1879 (Acari: Ixodidae) is one of four Amblyomma Koch, 1844 species with eyes found in southern India and Sri Lanka. The immature stages of this species were poorly described. Therefore, accurate identification is difficult. Here we re‐describe the male, female, nymph and larva of A. integrum and illustrate all the stages in greater detail for the first time. A set of dia ...
- TIAR, G.; TIAR‐SAADI, M.; BENYACOUB, S.; ROUAG, R.; ŠIROKÝ, P.
- Medical and veterinary entomology 2016 v.30 no.3 pp. 351-359
- Hyalomma; Testudo graeca; adults; arid zones; coasts; correlation; environmental factors; habitats; hosts; larvae; males; population density; sex ratio; tick infestations; ticks; tortoises; Algeria
- ... Hyalomma aegyptium (Linnaeus, 1758) (Ixodida: Ixodidae) has recently been confirmed as a carrier of numerous pathogenic, including zoonotic, agents. Four environmentally distinct regions of Algeria, located between the humid coastal zone and the arid Saharan Atlas range, were selected in order to compare differences in tick abundance among localities, and the correlations between tick abundance an ...