Jump to Main Content
- Kim, Sun-Ki; Westpheling, Janet
- Metabolic engineering 2018 v.49 pp. 267-274
- Clostridium thermocellum; DNA replication; Gram-positive bacteria; Saccharomyces cerevisiae; acetic acid; apoptosis; biochemical pathways; chromatin; ethanol production; eukaryotic cells; fermentation; fuels; furans; hypersensitivity; metabolic engineering; molecular weight; phenotype; phytomass; spermidine; spermidine synthase; temperature; transcription (genetics); translation (genetics)
- ... Polyamines are low molecular weight aliphatic nitrogen compounds found ubiquitously in microorganisms, plants, and animals. Spermidine is a common polyamine that plays a role in stabilizing chromatin, DNA replication, transcription, translation, as well as the regulation of cell growth and apoptosis in eukaryotes. Amines are also associated with defense to a number of environmental stresses includ ...
- Zhang, Chenglin; Li, Yanjun; Ma, Jie; Liu, Yuan; He, Jilong; Li, Yingzi; Zhu, Fuzhou; Meng, Jing; Zhan, Junjie; Li, Zhixiang; Zhao, Lei; Ma, Qian; Fan, Xiaoguang; Xu, Qingyang; Xie, Xixian; Chen, Ning
- Metabolic engineering 2018 v.49 pp. 287-298
- Corynebacterium glutamicum; alpha-ketoglutaric acid; carbon; diabetes; fermentation; gene overexpression; genes; metabolic engineering; oxaloacetic acid; oxoglutarate dehydrogenase (succinyl-transferring); transcription (genetics); tricarboxylic acid cycle
- ... 4-Hydroxyisoleucine (4-HIL) exhibits a unique glucose-dependent insulinotropic activity and is a promising candidate for the treatment of diabetes. Direct fermentation of 4-HIL has been recently studied; however, the expected titre and yield were not achieved. In this study, we initially developed a pathway for the synthesis of 4-HIL in an L-isoleucine producer, C. glutamicum YI, but insufficient ...