Jump to Main Content
- Sas-Chen, Aldema; Schwartz, Schraga
- Methods 2019 v.156 pp. 53-59
- RNA-directed DNA polymerase; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; messenger RNA; transcriptome
- ... Post-transcriptional modification on mRNA has become a field of intense interest in recent years, and next-generation sequencing based technologies are constantly emerging to detect an increasing number of modifications at a transcriptome-wide level. Some of these approaches are based on identification of misincorporation events induced by reverse transcriptase at modified sites. Although conceptu ...
- Jinnah, Hussain; Ulbricht, Randi J.
- Methods 2019 v.156 pp. 40-45
- RNA editing; adenosine; amino acid substitution; animal models; deamination; gene editing; genetic variation; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; inosine; messenger RNA; mice
- ... The deamination of adenosine to inosine by RNA editing is a widespread post-transcriptional process that expands genetic diversity. Selective substitution of inosine for adenosine in pre-mRNA transcripts can alter splicing, mRNA stability, and the amino acid sequence of the encoded protein. The functional consequences of RNA editing-dependent amino acid substitution are known for only a handful of ...