Jump to Main Content
- Bormann, Felix; Tuorto, Francesca; Cirzi, Cansu; Lyko, Frank; Legrand, Carine
- Methods 2019 v.156 pp. 121-127
- DNA; DNA methylation; Internet; bisulfites; data collection; embryonic stem cells; fibroblasts; filters; humans; mice; ribosomal RNA; sequence analysis; transfer RNA; translation (genetics); user interface
- ... RNA cytosine-5 methylation (m5C) has emerged as a key epitranscriptomic mark, which fulfills multiple roles in structural modulation, stress signaling and the regulation of protein translation. Bisulfite sequencing is currently the most accurate and reliable method to detect m5C marks at nucleotide resolution. Targeted bisulfite sequencing allows m5C detection at single base resolution, by combini ...
- Tanzer, Andrea; Hofacker, Ivo L.; Lorenz, Ronny
- Methods 2019 v.156 pp. 32-39
- DNA; derivatization; genes; isomerization; models; nucleobases; nucleotides; prediction; ribosomal RNA; transcriptome; transfer RNA
- ... Chemical modifications of RNA nucleotides change their identity and characteristics and thus alter genetic and structural information encoded in the genomic DNA. tRNA and rRNA are probably the most heavily modified genes, and often depend on derivatization or isomerization of their nucleobases in order to correctly fold into their functional structures. Recent RNomics studies, however, report tran ...