Jump to Main Content
- Krogh, Nicolai; Nielsen, Henrik
- Methods 2019 v.156 pp. 5-15
- enzymes; mass spectrometry; messenger RNA; methylation; paints; ribose; ribosomal RNA; stoichiometry; transfer RNA; yeasts
- ... Ribose methylation is one of the most abundant RNA modifications and is found in all domains of life and all major classes of RNA (rRNA, tRNA, and mRNA). Ribose methylations are introduced by stand-alone enzymes or by generic enzymes guided to the target by small RNA guides. Recent years have seen the development of several sequencing-based methods for RNA modifications relying on different princi ...
- Hsu, Phillip J.; Fei, Qili; Dai, Qing; Shi, Hailing; Dominissini, Dan; Ma, Lijia; He, Chuan
- Methods 2019 v.156 pp. 85-90
- eukaryotic cells; humans; messenger RNA; ribonucleosides; ribose; ribosomal RNA; transfer RNA; viruses
- ... The post-transcriptional modification 2′-O-Methyl (2′OMe) could be present on the ribose of all four ribonucleosides, and is highly prevalent in a wide variety of RNA species, including the 5′ RNA cap of viruses and higher eukaryotes, as well as internally in transfer RNA and ribosomal RNA. Recent studies have suggested that 2′OMe is also located internally in low-abundance RNA species such as vir ...