Jump to Main Content
- Pérez-Gamarra, Susan; Hattara, Liisa; Batra, Gaurav; Saviranta, Petri; Lamminmäki, Urpo
- Methods 2017 v.116 pp. 43-50
- DNA libraries; Human immunodeficiency virus 1; bacteriophages; binding properties; clones; development projects; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; epitope mapping; epitopes; horseradish; peptide libraries; peroxidase; recombinant antibodies; screening
- ... Phage display is a well-established and powerful tool for the development of recombinant antibodies. In a standard phage display selection process using a high quality antibody phage library, a large number of unique antibody clones can be generated in short time. However, the pace of the antibody discovery project eventually depends on the methodologies used in the next screening phase to identif ...
- Ma, H.; O’Kennedy, R.
- Methods 2017 v.116 pp. 23-33
- Escherichia coli; affinity chromatography; antibody detection; diagnostic techniques; recombinant antibodies; screening; therapeutics
- ... Recombinant antibodies are now very important in both therapeutics and diagnostics and offer significant advantages over conventional antibodies. The generation of a single-chain variable antibody fragment (scFv) (a common and important recombinant antibody format) is used to demonstrate the construction of a recombinant antibody library. An immunotube-based two-day panning approach, using Escheri ...