Jump to Main Content
- Kobolak, Julianna; Dinnyes, Andras; Memic, Adnan; Khademhosseini, Ali; Mobasheri, Ali
- Methods 2016 v.99 pp. 62-68
- adipose tissue; antigens; bone marrow; immunomodulators; medicine; phenotype; stem cells; stromal cells; therapeutics; umbilical cord
- ... Mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) are multipotent stem cells. Although they were originally identified in bone marrow and described as ‘marrow stromal cells’, they have since been identified in many other anatomical locations in the body. MSCs can be isolated from bone marrow, adipose tissue, umbilical cord and other tissues but the richest tissue source of MSCs is fat. Since they are adherent to plas ...
- Richardson, Stephen M.; Kalamegam, Gauthaman; Pushparaj, Peter N.; Matta, Csaba; Memic, Adnan; Khademhosseini, Ali; Mobasheri, Reza; Poletti, Fabian L.; Hoyland, Judith A.; Mobasheri, Ali
- Methods 2016 v.99 pp. 69-80
- adipose tissue; biocompatible materials; biomimetics; bone marrow; chondrocytes; chondrogenesis; intervertebral disks; medicine; morbidity; musculoskeletal diseases; signal transduction; stem cells; therapeutics; umbilical cord
- ... Musculoskeletal disorders represent a major cause of disability and morbidity globally and result in enormous costs for health and social care systems. Development of cell-based therapies is rapidly proliferating in a number of disease areas, including musculoskeletal disorders. Novel biological therapies that can effectively treat joint and spine degeneration are high priorities in regenerative m ...