Jump to Main Content
- Sharma, Cynthia M., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Methods 2015 v.86 pp. 89-101
- Helicobacter pylori; RNA; bacteria; cDNA libraries; complementary DNA; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; humans; operon; pathogens; transcription (genetics); transcriptome
- ... The global mapping of transcription boundaries is a key step in the elucidation of the full complement of transcriptional features of an organism. It facilitates the annotation of operons and untranslated regions as well as novel transcripts, including cis- and trans-encoded small RNAs (sRNAs). So called RNA sequencing (RNA-seq) based on deep sequencing of cDNAs has greatly facilitated transcript ...
- Sharma, Cynthia M., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Methods 2013 v.63 pp. 135-143
- Staphylococcus aureus; binding capacity; cDNA libraries; complementary DNA; gene expression regulation; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; messenger RNA; mutants; non-coding RNA; ribonucleases; virulence
- ... Ribonucleases play key roles in gene regulation and in the expression of virulence factors in Staphylococcus aureus. Among these enzymes, the double-strand specific endoribonuclease III (RNase III) is a key mediator of mRNA processing and degradation. Recently, we have defined, direct target sites for RNase III processing on a genome-wide scale in S. aureus. Our approach is based on deep sequencin ...