Jump to Main Content
- Ploomi, Angela; Kivimägi, Irja; Kruus, Eha; Sibul, Ivar; Jõgar, Katrin; Hiiesaar, Külli; Metspalu, Luule
- Metsanduslikud uurimused 2014 v.57 no.1 pp. 7
- Pterostichus; cold; cold tolerance; seasonal variation; supercooling; supercooling point; temperature
- ... Cold-hardiness can be measured by supercooling points – the temperature at which spontaneous freezing occurs. Seasonal changes in supercooling point were assessed in field-collected predacious carabid beetle species: Carabus granulatus L., Pterostichus oblongopunctatus L. and Platynus assimilis Payk. (Coleoptera: Carabidae). Supercooling ability of these beetles changed seasonally. The tested cara ...
- Karami, Arash; Sefidi, Kiomars; Feghhi, Jahangir; Mohadjer, Mohammad R. Marvie
- Metsanduslikud uurimused 2014 v.57 no.1 pp. 11
- Fagus sylvatica subsp. orientalis; ecosystem management; forest ecosystems; forest stands; forests; natural regeneration; seedlings; Iran
- ... Regeneration patches have key role in forest stand dynamic, new findings about the structural properties of patches can be useful in forest ecosystem management. We quantified the spatial and structural pattern of regeneration patches in old growth beech stands in a Gorazbon forest in the northern Iran. 461 patches were measured that covered 8.3% of total forest area. Patch size varied from 55 m² ...