Jump to Main Content
- Sylvander, Peter; Häubner, Norbert; Snoeijs, Pauline
- Microbial ecology 2013 v.65 no.3 pp. 566-577
- Nodularia spumigena, etc ; abiotic stress; bacteria; community structure; diet; food webs; nitrogen content; phytoplankton; salinity; seafoods; temperature; thiamin; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Thiamine (vitamin B₁) is produced by many plants, algae and bacteria, but by higher trophic levels, it must be acquired through the diet. We experimentally investigated how the thiamine content of six phytoplankton species belonging to five different phyla is affected by abiotic stress caused by changes in temperature, salinity and photon flux density. Correlations between growth rate and thiamine ...
- Tuomainen, Jaana; Hietanen, Susanna; Kuparinen, Jorma; Martikainen, Pertti J.; Servomaa, Kristina
- Microbial ecology 2006 v.52 no.3 pp. 513-522
- Nodularia spumigena, etc ; bacteria; cluster analysis; community structure; denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis; developmental stages; gene targeting; microbial communities; nucleotide sequences; ribosomal DNA; ribosomal RNA; Baltic Sea; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... The community structure of the bacteria associated with Nodularia spumigena (Mertens) cyanobacterial aggregates in the Baltic Sea was studied with temperature gradient gel electrophoresis (TGGE), using a 16S rRNA gene fragment as a target. Various developmental stages of the aggregates and free-floating cyanobacterial filaments were sampled to reveal possible changes in associated microbial commun ...