Jump to Main Content
- Souza dos Santos, Bruno; Bezerra Filho, Clóvis Macedo; Alves do Nascimento Junior, José Adelson; Brust, Flávia Roberta; Bezerra-Silva, Patrícia Cristina; Lino da Rocha, Suyana Karoline; Krogfelt, Karen Angeliki; Maria do Amaral Ferraz Navarro, Daniela; Tereza dos Santos Correia, Maria; Napoleão, Thiago Henrique; Nascimento da Silva, Luís Claudio; Macedo, Alexandre José; Vanusa da Silva, Márcia; Guedes Paiva, Patrícia Maria
- Microbial pathogenesis 2019 v.131 pp. 150-157
- Galleria mellonella; Staphylococcus aureus; Syagrus coronata; antibacterial properties; antibiotics; bacteria; biofilm; biomass; cell viability; decanoic acid; dodecanoic acid; drugs; electron microscopy; essential oils; hemolymph; larvae; melanization; microbial load; minimum inhibitory concentration; models; multiple drug resistance; octanoic acid; phenotype; roughness; seeds; sesquiterpenoids
- ... In this study, essential oil extracted from Syagrus coronata seeds (SCEO) was evaluated for antibacterial and antibiofilm activities against Staphylococcus aureus; in addition, Galleria mellonella model was used as an in vivo infection model. SCEO was mainly composed by fatty acids (89.79%) and sesquiterpenes (8.5%). The major components were octanoic acid, dodecanoic acid, decanoic acid and γ-eud ...
- George, Tijith K.; Joy, Akhil; Divya, K.; Jisha, M.S.
- Microbial pathogenesis 2019 v.131 pp. 87-97
- Escherichia coli; Penicillium; Staphylococcus aureus; antibacterial properties; antibiotics; bacteria; beta-galactosidase; binding capacity; blisters; bubbles; computer simulation; drugs; endophytes; fluorescence; fungi; high performance liquid chromatography; kaempferol; mass spectrometry; membrane permeability; minimum inhibitory concentration; patulin; polyketides; potassium; quercetin; secondary metabolites; sodium; taxifolin; viability assays
- ... Occasionally, endophytic fungal species cognize as a hidden prospective source of plant secondary metabolites. In this study, a potent Penicillium setosum sp. nov. was explored for its detailed antibacterial action on Escherichia coli and Staphylococcus aureus through different in vitro and in silico assays. Fluorescence based viability assay determined increase in the number of dead cells in cour ...