Jump to Main Content
- Baldissera, Matheus D.; Müller, Lucieli K.F.; Souza, Carine F.; Santurio, Janio M.; Gloria, Eduardo M.; Machado, Gustavo; Boiago, Marcel M.; Paiano, Diovani; da Silva, Aleksandro S.
- Microbial pathogenesis 2018 v.122 pp. 13-18
- H-transporting ATP synthase; adenosine triphosphate; adenosinetriphosphatase; aflatoxins; blood serum; body weight; calcium; creatine kinase; diet; energy; enzyme activity; fumonisins; fungi; homeostasis; hydrogen; pathogenesis; piglets; poisoning; potassium; pumps; sodium; sodium-potassium-exchanging ATPase
- ... Creatine kinase (CK) activity, through the creatine-kinase-phosphocreatine (CK/PCr) system, provides a temporal and spatial energy buffer to maintain cellular energetic homeostasis, being responsible to provide adenosine triphosphate (ATP) to the proper function of ATPases enzymes, such as the sodium-potassium (Na⁺, K⁺-ATPase) and hydrogen (H⁺-ATPase) pumps. Thus, the aim of this study was to eval ...
- Jaguezeski, Antonise M.; Perin, Gessica; Rhoden, Leandro A.; da Silva, Teane M.A.; Mendes, Ricardo E.; Bottari, Nathieli B.; Faccin, Thalisson; Baldissera, Matheus D.; Morsch, Vera M.; Schetinger, Maria Rosa C.; Giongo, Janice L.; da Silva, Aleksandro S.
- Microbial pathogenesis 2018 v.122 pp. 25-29
- Holstein; Listeria monocytogenes; adenosine deaminase; adenosine diphosphate; adenosine triphosphate; blood platelets; blood serum; cattle; cattle diseases; cerebellum; cerebral cortex; enzyme activity; histopathology; listeriosis; liver; males; medulla oblongata; metabolism; pathogenesis; spleen; virulent strains
- ... The objective of this study was to evaluate whether experimental infection with Listeria monocytogenes alters the activity of triphosphate diphosphohydrolase (NTPDase), 5′-nucleotidase, and adenosine deaminase (ADA) in cattle. Ten male Holstein breed cattle were divided in two groups of five animals each: a control group, and a group infected with a pathogenic strain of L. monocytogenes. We drew b ...