Jump to Main Content
- Liu, Junyan; Xu, Ruirui; Zhong, Huamin; Zhong, Yukui; Xie, Yongqiang; Li, Lin; Li, Bing; Chen, Dingqiang; Xu, Zhenbo
- Microbial pathogenesis 2018 v.120 pp. 213-218
- pneumonia, etc ; Streptococcus agalactiae; agglutination; alleles; genotype; meningitis; monitoring; neonates; polymerase chain reaction; polysaccharides; sepsis (infection); serotypes; vaccines; China; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... The aim of this study is to understand the surveillance of Streptococcus agalactiae (GBS) serotype and genotype which help developing specific vaccine for GBS infection.The GBS serotype was determined by strep-B-Latex rapid agglutination method and multiplex PCR assay based on the differences among serotypes. Alleles and multilocus sequence types (MLST) were determined using the GBS MLST Website.F ...
- Jwa, Min Yong; Ko, Eun Byeol; Kim, Hyun Young; Kim, Sun Kyung; Jeong, Soyoung; Seo, Ho Seong; Yun, Cheol-Heui; Han, Seung Hyun
- Microbial pathogenesis 2018
- pneumonia, etc ; Streptococcus pneumoniae; Toll-like receptor 2; cost effectiveness; epithelial cells; epithelium; formalin; heat; human cell lines; humans; immunogenicity; immunostimulants; innate immunity; interleukin-6; interleukin-8; meningitis; messenger RNA; mitogen-activated protein kinase; otitis media; pathogens; polysaccharides; protein content; vaccines; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... Streptococcus pneumoniae is a major respiratory pathogen that can cause pneumonia, meningitis, and otitis media. Although capsular polysaccharide-based vaccines are commercially available, there is a need for broad-spectrum, serotype-independent, and cost-effective vaccines. Recently, an intranasal vaccine formulated with gamma-irradiated nonencapsulated S. pneumoniae whole cells has been develope ...