Jump to Main Content
- Savari, Mohammad; Ekrami, Alireza; Shoja, Saeed; Bahador, Abbas
- Microbial pathogenesis 2017 v.104 pp. 310-317
- tigecycline, etc ; Acinetobacter baumannii; beta-lactamase; carbapenems; drug resistance; genes; genetic variation; loci; minisatellite repeats; multiple-locus variable number tandem-repeat analysis; phenotype; plasmids; polymerase chain reaction; public health; therapeutics; transporters; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Here we studied the prevalence and mechanisms of simultaneous resistance to carbapenem and tigecycline and accumulation of resistance determinants reservoirs in genome of Acinetobacter baumannii (A. baumannii) clinical isolates. Susceptibility of the isolates were measured to 18 antimicrobial agents. Genetic diversity of the microbial population was determined using the International Clonal lineag ...
- Maspi, Hossein; Mahmoodzadeh Hosseini, Hamideh; Amin, Mohsen; Imani Fooladi, Abbas Ali
- Microbial pathogenesis 2016 v.98 pp. 155-159
- tigecycline, etc ; Acinetobacter baumannii; ampicillin; antibiotic resistance; beta-lactamase; colistin; disk diffusion antimicrobial test; fosfomycin; genes; imipenem; meropenem; multiple drug resistance; pathogens; polymerase chain reaction; rifampicin; sulbactam; tobramycin; Iran; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Acinetobacter species particularly Acinetobacter baumannii (A. baumannii) have been widely reported as broad-spectrum antibiotic resistant pathogens. Expression of various types of metallo beta-lactamases (MBL), classified as Ambler class B, has been associated with carbapenem resistance. Here, we attempted to assess the frequency of extensively drug-resistant (XDR) and MBL-producing A. baumannii ...