Jump to Main Content
- Soheili, Vahid, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Microbial pathogenesis 2017 v.109 pp. 39-44
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Glycyrrhiza; Gram-negative bacteria; Micrococcus luteus; aerial parts; antibacterial properties; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; beta-caryophyllene; chemical composition; cytotoxicity; essential oils; food industry; fungi; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; inhibitory concentration 50; limonene; minimum inhibitory concentration; myrcene; neoplasms; oils; therapeutics; volatile compounds
- ... Chemical composition and biological (antimicrobial, antioxidant and cytotoxic) activities of essential oils (EO) obtained from the aerial parts of Glycyrrhiza triphylla Fisch. & C.A.Mey (G. triphylla) were evaluated in the present study. The EO was isolated and analyzed using gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS). Fifty-five compounds representing 99.3% of the total oil composition were ide ...
- Soheili, Vahid, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Microbial pathogenesis 2015 v.89 pp. 73-78
- Gram-negative bacteria; Pseudomonas aeruginosa; active sites; animal pathogens; biofilm; cystic fibrosis; death; elastase; meloxicam; molecular models; nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agents; patients; proteins; pyocyanin; quorum sensing; rhamnolipids; virulence
- ... Pseudomonas aeruginosa is an opportunistic human pathogen and a common Gram-negative bacterium in hospital-acquired infections. It causes death in many burn victims, cystic-fibrosis and neutropenic-cancer patients. It is known that P. aeruginosa biofilm maturation and production of cell-associated and extracellular virulence factors such as pyocyanin, elastase and rhamnolipids are under the contro ...