Jump to Main Content
- Wu, Jiaqiang, et al. Show all 16 Authors
- Microbial pathogenesis 2017 v.109 pp. 319-324
- Porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus; dose response; financial economics; immunosuppression; interleukin-10; macrophages; mitogen-activated protein kinase; nucleocapsid; nucleocapsid proteins; porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome; signal transduction; swine; transcription factor NF-kappa B; viruses
- ... Porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome (PRRS), a highly contagious disease, has been constantly causing huge economic losses all over the world. PRRS virus (PRRSV) infection results in immunosuppression and IL-10 up-regulation. The relationship between them is still in dispute. Previous studies demonstrated the protein of PRRSV nucleocapsid (N) protein is able to up-regulate IL-10, yet the ...
- Wu, Jiaqiang, et al. Show all 14 Authors
- Microbial pathogenesis 2014 v.77 pp. 17-23
- Haemophilus parasuis; Southern blotting; blood; females; genes; heart; mice; nasal cavity; pericardium; polymerase chain reaction; serotypes; suppression subtractive hybridization; swine; virulence; virulent strains
- ... This study was aimed at determining virulence-associated genes among Haemophilus parasuis (H. parasuis) strains, and supplying for the Kielstein–Rapp–Gabrielson serotyping scheme. The subtractive fragments, obtained through suppression subtractive hybridization and reverse Southern blot hybridization, were found to encode genes representative of 7 different functions. PCR was used to investigate t ...