Jump to Main Content
- Marko Popovic
- Microbial risk analysis 2022 pp. 100217
- Gibbs free energy; Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2; immune response; immunization; microbiological risk assessment; nucleocapsid; pathogenicity; people; virion; viruses
- ... In this paper, for the first time, empirical formulas have been reported of the Delta and Omicron strains of SARS-CoV-2. The empirical formula of the Delta strain entire virion was found to be CH₁.₆₃₈₃O₀.₂₈₄₄N₀.₂₂₉₄P₀.₀₀₆₄S₀.₀₀₄₂, while its nucleocapsid has the formula CH₁.₅₆₉₂O₀.₃₄₃₁N₀.₃₁₀₆P₀.₀₀₆₀S₀.₀₀₄₃. The empirical formula of the Omicron strain entire virion was found to be CH₁.₆₄₀₄O₀.₂₈₄₂N₀. ...
- Yutaka Takaoka; Aki Sugano; Yoshitomo Morinaga; Mika Ohta; Kenji Miura; Haruyuki Kataguchi; Minoru Kumaoka; Shigemi Kimura; Yoshimasa Maniwa
- Microbial risk analysis 2022 pp. 100227
- Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2; genes; humans; microbiological risk assessment; molecular dynamics; pandemic; pathogenicity; peptidyl-dipeptidase A; phylogeny; prediction; regression analysis; simulation models
- ... Variants of a coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) have been spreading in a global pandemic. Improved understanding of the infectivity of future new variants is important so that effective countermeasures against them can be quickly undertaken. In our research reported here, we aimed to predict the infectivity of SARS-CoV-2 by using a mathematical model with molecular simulation analysis, and we used phylogen ...