Jump to Main Content
- Li, Lingzhi; Gao, Miaomiao; Lu, Tianyu; Gu, Dan
- Microbiological research 2019 v.223-225 pp. 79-87
- Gram-negative bacteria; Vibrio parahaemolyticus; amino acids; antibiotics; biosynthesis; carbon metabolism; diarrhea; fatty acid metabolism; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; humans; mutants; mutation; outer membrane proteins; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; quorum sensing; secondary metabolites; sequence analysis; signal transduction; stress tolerance; transcription factors; type III secretion system; type VI secretion system; virulence
- ... Vibrio parahaemolyticus is a seafood-borne Gram-negative bacteria causing diarrheal diseases in humans world wide. ToxR is a membrane-associated transcriptional factor which plays an important role in acid stress tolerance and regulates the expression of virulence genes including type III secretion system 1 (T3SS1) and type VI secretion system 1 (T6SS1) in V. parahaemolyticus. However, possible me ...
- Lim, Sangyoung; Seo, Ho Seong; Jeong, Jisu; Yoon, Hyunjin
- Microbiological research 2019 v.223-225 pp. 63-71
- Salmonella; amino acid metabolism; bacteria; catalytic activity; flagellum; gene expression; gene expression regulation; mutants; pathogenicity islands; phosphorylation; quorum sensing; regulon; salmonellosis; signal transduction; sugars; transcriptomics; transferases; transposons; virulence
- ... The phosphoenolpyruvate (PEP):carbohydrate phosphotransferase system (PTS) catalyzes the translocation of sugar substrates with their concomitant phosphorylation in bacteria. In addition to its intrinsic role in sugar transport and metabolism, numerous recent studies report the versatility of the PTS to interconnect energy and signal transduction in response to sugar availability. In this study, t ...