Jump to Main Content
- Asakawa, Haruhiko; Hiraoka, Yasushi; Haraguchi, Tokuko
- Micron 2014 v.61 pp. 53-61
- cell structures; electron microscopy; fluorescence microscopy; fluorescent proteins; image analysis; light microscopy; microbial genetics; molecular genetics; ultrastructure; yeasts
- ... Correlative light and electron microscopy (CLEM) is a method of imaging in which the same specimen is observed by both light microscopy and electron microscopy. Specifically, CLEM compares images obtained by light and electron microscopy and makes a correlation between them. After the advent of fluorescent proteins, CLEM was extended by combining electron microscopy with fluorescence microscopy to ...
- Peddie, Christopher J.; Collinson, Lucy M.
- Micron 2014 v.61 pp. 9-19
- brain; data collection; electron microscopy; image analysis; scanning electron microscopes
- ... Groundbreaking advances in volume electron microscopy and specimen preparation are enabling the 3-dimensional visualisation of specimens with unprecedented detail, and driving a gratifying resurgence of interest in the ultrastructural examination of cellular systems. Serial section techniques, previously the domain of specialists, are becoming increasingly automated with the development of systems ...