Jump to Main Content
- Asakawa, Haruhiko; Hiraoka, Yasushi; Haraguchi, Tokuko
- Micron 2014 v.61 pp. 53-61
- cell structures; electron microscopy; fluorescence microscopy; fluorescent proteins; image analysis; light microscopy; microbial genetics; molecular genetics; ultrastructure; yeasts
- ... Correlative light and electron microscopy (CLEM) is a method of imaging in which the same specimen is observed by both light microscopy and electron microscopy. Specifically, CLEM compares images obtained by light and electron microscopy and makes a correlation between them. After the advent of fluorescent proteins, CLEM was extended by combining electron microscopy with fluorescence microscopy to ...
- Paoli, Francesco; Gottardo, Marco; Marchini, Daniela; Dallai, Romano; Roversi, Pio Federico
- Micron 2014 v.61 pp. 28-39
- Gryon; Leptoglossus occidentalis; Platygasteridae; antagonists; biological control; conifers; eggs; endoplasmic reticulum; females; ion transport; oviducts; parasitoids; spermatheca; ultrastructure; virus-like particles; Europe
- ... The growing interest in Leptoglossus occidentalis, the conifer seed bug pest accidentally introduced into Europe in the 1990s, led us to investigate the female reproductive structures of the hymenopteran platygastrid Gryon pennsylvanicum, which is its candidate antagonist for biological control programmes. Our study revealed a genital apparatus with some characteristic features, such as an unusual ...