Jump to Main Content
- Zappa-Villar, María F.; López-León, Micaela; Pardo, Joaquín; Costa, Mariana; Crespo, Rosana; Dardenne, Mireille; Goya, Rodolfo G.; Reggiani, Paula C.
- Molecular Immunology 2017 v.87 pp. 180-187
- animal models; anti-inflammatory activity; blood serum; cerebrospinal fluid; dose response; doxycycline; drinking water; gene expression; gene therapy; green fluorescent protein; inflammation; promoter regions; rats; regulatory proteins; synthetic genes; transgenes
- ... Thymulin is a thymic peptide possessing anti-inflammatory effects. In order to manipulate thymulin expression in gene therapy studies, we built a bidirectional regulatable two-vector Tet-Off system and the corresponding control system. The experimental two-vector system, ETV, consists of a recombinant adenovector (RAd) harboring an expression cassette centered on a Tet-Off bidirectional promoter f ...
- Choe, Jongseon; Yoon, Yongdae; Kim, Jini; Jung, Yu-Jin
- Molecular Immunology 2017 v.87 pp. 60-66
- cell membranes; cell viability; dose response; humans; inflammation; patients; phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase; phospholipids; phosphorylation; prostaglandin synthase; prostaglandins; protein synthesis; tonsils
- ... Prostaglandins (PGs) are bioactive lipid mediators generated from the phospholipids of cell membrane in response to various inflammatory signals. To understand the potential role of PGs in PG production itself during immune inflammatory responses, we examined the effect of PGE2, PGF2α, and beraprost on COX-2 expression using follicular dendritic cell (FDC)-like HK cells isolated from human tonsils ...