Jump to Main Content
- Zheng, Xianchong; Chen, Mimi; Meng, Xiaojing; Chu, Xinwei; Cai, Chunqing; Zou, Fei
- Molecular Immunology 2017 v.87 pp. 23-32
- calcium; chemotaxis; endocytosis; humans; inflammation; metabolism; mitochondria; neutrophils; phosphorylation; spermine
- ... During an inflammatory response, polarization of neutrophils is necessary for effective chemotaxis and bacterial endocytosis. Ca2+ uptake into mitochondria through the mitochondrial calcium uniporter (MCU) is crucial for cell metabolism, signaling and survival; however, the physiological role of MCU in human neutrophils remains unclear. Here we show that MCU is vital for the polarization and chemo ...
- Choe, Jongseon; Yoon, Yongdae; Kim, Jini; Jung, Yu-Jin
- Molecular Immunology 2017 v.87 pp. 60-66
- cell membranes; cell viability; dose response; humans; inflammation; patients; phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase; phospholipids; phosphorylation; prostaglandin synthase; prostaglandins; protein synthesis; tonsils
- ... Prostaglandins (PGs) are bioactive lipid mediators generated from the phospholipids of cell membrane in response to various inflammatory signals. To understand the potential role of PGs in PG production itself during immune inflammatory responses, we examined the effect of PGE2, PGF2α, and beraprost on COX-2 expression using follicular dendritic cell (FDC)-like HK cells isolated from human tonsils ...