Jump to Main Content
- Ye, Wei; Tang, Xiaojun; Yang, Zhengquan; Liu, Chu; Zhang, Xin; Jin, Jing; Lyu, Jianxin
- Molecular Immunology 2017 v.87 pp. 114-121
- RNA; Toll-like receptor 9; chloroquine; exosomes; heart failure; inflammation; mitochondrial DNA; patients
- ... Exosomes are small vesicles that contain proteins, DNA and RNA, and play an important role in inflammation; however, the underlying mechanism remains unclear. In the present study, we found increased plasma-derived exosomes in chronic heart failure patients compared with healthy controls. Further, our data demonstrated that plasma-derived exosomes carried mtDNA, and triggered an inflammatory respo ...
- Choe, Jongseon; Yoon, Yongdae; Kim, Jini; Jung, Yu-Jin
- Molecular Immunology 2017 v.87 pp. 60-66
- cell membranes; cell viability; dose response; humans; inflammation; patients; phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase; phospholipids; phosphorylation; prostaglandin synthase; prostaglandins; protein synthesis; tonsils
- ... Prostaglandins (PGs) are bioactive lipid mediators generated from the phospholipids of cell membrane in response to various inflammatory signals. To understand the potential role of PGs in PG production itself during immune inflammatory responses, we examined the effect of PGE2, PGF2α, and beraprost on COX-2 expression using follicular dendritic cell (FDC)-like HK cells isolated from human tonsils ...