Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Yingying; Zhu, Lina; Li, Shaoshen; Zhang, Jiayi; She, Tiantian; Yan, Juanjuan; Bian, Ying; Li, Huiqiang
- Molecular Immunology 2016 v.74 pp. 125-132
- Eriocheir sinensis; Escherichia coli; allergenicity; allergens; antibodies; bioinformatics; crab meat; crabs; dose response; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; food allergies; hemocyanin; immunoblotting; immunodominant epitopes; immunoglobulin E; patients; polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis; prediction; recombinant fusion proteins; China
- ... Crab meat and roe are highly nutritious delicacies in China. While extensive research has been conducted for allergens derived from crab-meat, data relevant to the allergenic potential of crab roe derived proteins, of which hemocyanin is a principal contender, are almost entirely absent. Using bioinformatics prediction and IgE-binding assays, the three principal immunodominant epitopes of hemocyan ...
- Verma, Alok Kumar; Sharma, Akanksha; Kumar, Sandeep; Gupta, Rinkesh Kumar; Kumar, Dinesh; Gupta, Kriti; Giridhar, B.H.; Das, Mukul; Dwivedi, Premendra D.
- Molecular Immunology 2016 v.74 pp. 113-124
- Cicer arietinum; GATA transcription factors; albumins; allergenicity; allergens; anion exchange chromatography; chickpeas; crude protein; crystal structure; dietary fiber; essential amino acids; fractionation; histamine; hypersensitivity; immunoglobulin E; in vitro studies; interleukin-13; interleukin-4; interleukin-5; intestines; mast cells; messenger RNA; mice; minerals; models; myeloperoxidase; patients; prostaglandins; protein kinase C; tandem mass spectrometry; vitamins
- ... Chickpea (CP), a legume of the family Fabaceae, is an important nutrient-rich food providing protein, essential amino acids, vitamins, dietary fibre, and minerals. Unfortunately, several IgE-binding proteins in CP have been detected that are responsible for allergic manifestations in sensitized population. Therefore, the prevalence of CP induced allergy prompted us towards purification, characteri ...