Jump to Main Content
- Tran, Tri M.; Hong, Sohee; Edwan, Jehad H.; Colbert, Robert A.
- Molecular Immunology 2016 v.74 pp. 10-17
- alleles; aminopeptidases; antibodies; endoplasmic reticulum; flow cytometry; immunoblotting; interferon-gamma; isoelectric focusing; monocytes; pathogenesis; peptides; polyacrylamide; precipitin tests; risk
- ... Endoplasmic reticulum (ER) aminopeptidase 1 (ERAP1) variants contribute to the risk of ankylosing spondylitis in HLA-B27 positive individuals, implying a disease-related interaction between these gene products. The aim of this study was to determine whether reduced ERAP1 expression would alter the cell surface expression of HLA-B27 and the formation of aberrant disulfide-linked forms that have bee ...
- PubMed Central:
- Pednekar, Lina; Valentino, Alisa; Ji, Yan; Tumma, Nithin; Valentino, Christopher; Kadoor, Adarsh; Hosszu, Kinga K.; Ramadass, Mahalakshmi; Kew, Richard R.; Kishore, Uday; Peerschke, Ellinor I.B.; Ghebrehiwet, Berhane
- Molecular Immunology 2016 v.74 pp. 18-26
- CD4-positive T-lymphocytes; Hepatitis C virus; Human immunodeficiency virus 1; autocrine signaling; cell proliferation; exons; fibrinogen; glycoproteins; immune response; ligands; morbidity; mortality; mutants; natural killer cells; pathogenesis; pathogens; therapeutics; viral envelope proteins
- ... A substantial body of evidence accumulated over the past 20 years supports the concept that gC1qR is a major pathogen-associated pattern recognition receptor (PRR). This conclusion is based on the fact that, a wide range of bacterial and viral ligands are able to exploit gC1qR to either suppress the host’s immune response and thus enhance their survival, or to gain access into cells to initiate di ...
- PubMed Central: