Jump to Main Content
- Goldblum, Randall M.; Ning, Bo; Judy, Barbara M.; Holthauzen, Luis Marcelo F.; van Bavel, Julius; Kamijo, Atsushi; Midoro-Horiuti, Terumi
- Molecular Immunology 2016 v.74 pp. 106-112
- Juniperus ashei; allergens; epitopes; hay fever; immunoglobulin E; mice; monoclonal antibodies; patients; pollen; therapeutics; France; Japan; United States
- ... We recently described a dominant role for conformational epitopes on the group 1 allergen of the mountain cedar (Juniperus ashei, Cupressaceae), Jun a 1, in pollen hypersensitivity in South Central U.S.A. Since these epitopes are surface exposed and are likely to be flexible, they may be susceptible to molecular or physical perturbations. This may make Jun a 1 a potential target for new forms of t ...
- PubMed Central:
- Verma, Alok Kumar; Sharma, Akanksha; Kumar, Sandeep; Gupta, Rinkesh Kumar; Kumar, Dinesh; Gupta, Kriti; Giridhar, B.H.; Das, Mukul; Dwivedi, Premendra D.
- Molecular Immunology 2016 v.74 pp. 113-124
- Cicer arietinum; GATA transcription factors; albumins; allergenicity; allergens; anion exchange chromatography; chickpeas; crude protein; crystal structure; dietary fiber; essential amino acids; fractionation; histamine; hypersensitivity; immunoglobulin E; in vitro studies; interleukin-13; interleukin-4; interleukin-5; intestines; mast cells; messenger RNA; mice; minerals; models; myeloperoxidase; patients; prostaglandins; protein kinase C; tandem mass spectrometry; vitamins
- ... Chickpea (CP), a legume of the family Fabaceae, is an important nutrient-rich food providing protein, essential amino acids, vitamins, dietary fibre, and minerals. Unfortunately, several IgE-binding proteins in CP have been detected that are responsible for allergic manifestations in sensitized population. Therefore, the prevalence of CP induced allergy prompted us towards purification, characteri ...