Jump to Main Content
- Picado, César, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Molecular Immunology 2015 v.63 pp. 61-68
- animal models; asthma; bioactive properties; bronchodilators; humans; hypersensitivity; in vivo studies; inflammation; mast cells; mice; patients; prostaglandin synthase; prostaglandins; receptors; smooth muscle
- ... Despite the fact that cyclooxygenase and its products, prostaglandins, have been traditionally associated with the development of inflammation, PGE2 was implicated early on as potentially beneficial in asthma. During the 1970s and 1980s, several studies reported the bronchodilator effect of PGE2 in asthma patients. In parallel, it was being shown to exert an inhibitory effect on mast cells in vitr ...
- Aguilar, Julio Cesar, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Molecular Immunology 2015 v.63 pp. 320-327
- Hepatitis B virus; T-lymphocytes; adverse effects; antigen-presenting cells; chronic hepatitis B; clinical trials; flow cytometry; hepatitis B antigens; humans; mechanism of action; patients; phenotype; vaccination; vaccines; viruses
- ... Hepatitis B virus (HBV) chronic infections remain a considerable health problem worldwide. The standard therapies have demonstrated limited efficacy, side effects or need life-long treatments. Nowadays therapeutic vaccination is a promising option. Recently, we developed a new vaccine formulation called Nasvac, based on the combination of surface and core antigens from HBV. Clinical trials already ...