Jump to Main Content
- Hwang, Hwan-Jin; Chung, Hye Soo; Jung, Tae Woo; Ryu, Ja Young; Hong, Ho Cheol; Seo, Ji A.; Kim, Sin Gon; Kim, Nan Hee; Choi, Kyung Mook; Choi, Dong Seop; Baik, Sei Hyun; Yoo, Hye Jin
- Molecular and Cellular Endocrinology 2015 v.405 pp. 25-34
- AMP-activated protein kinase; Western blotting; adhesion; anti-inflammatory activity; atherosclerosis; chemokine CCL2; dipeptidyl-peptidase IV; dose response; endothelium; enzyme inhibitors; foam cells; glycemic effect; human umbilical vein endothelial cells; interleukin-1beta; interleukin-6; lipopolysaccharides; low density lipoprotein; mitogen-activated protein kinase; phosphorylation; protective effect; transcription factor NF-kappa B; tumor necrosis factor-alpha
- ... Recently, dipeptidyl peptidase-IV (DPP-IV) inhibitor, a major anti-hyperglycemic agent, has received substantial attention as a possible therapeutic target for inflammatory diseases such as atherosclerosis. However, the direct molecular mechanisms through which DPP-IV inhibitor mediates anti-inflammatory effects in vascular endothelial cells have not been clarified. The effects of the DPP-IV inhib ...
- Han, Jun; Yi, Jia; Liang, Fengying; Jiang, Bo; Xiao, Ying; Gao, Shouhong; Yang, Na; Hu, Honggang; Xie, Wei-Fen; Chen, Wansheng
- Molecular and Cellular Endocrinology 2015 v.405 pp. 63-73
- AMP-activated protein kinase; acetyl-CoA carboxylase; acute toxicity; adipose tissue; blood glucose; death; glucose; hyperglycemia; hypothalamus; islets of Langerhans; liver; mechanism of action; metformin; mice; muscles; noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus; obesity; phosphorylation; toxicity testing; triacylglycerols
- ... Diabetes mellitus is a major health concern, affecting nearly 10% of the population. Here we describe a potential novel therapeutic agent for this disease, X-3, a derivative of mangiferin. Therapeutic administration of X-3 significantly and dose-dependently reduced plasma glucose and triglycerides in db/db mice following 8 week-treatments. Treatment with X-3 dose-dependently increased the number o ...