Jump to Main Content
- de la Mora-de la Mora, José Ignacio; Enríquez-Flores, Sergio; Fernández-Lainez, Cynthia; Gutiérrez-Castrellón, Pedro; Olivos-García, Alfonso; González-Canto, Augusto; Hernández, Roberto; Luján, Hugo D.; García-Torres, Itzhel; López-Velázquez, Gabriel
- Molecular and biochemical parasitology 2019 v.228 pp. 16-26
- Giardia lamblia; blood platelets; coculture; cysteine proteinases; diarrhea; encystment; enzyme activity; excretion; gel chromatography; host-parasite relationships; human cell lines; humans; parasites; pathogens; proteolysis; secretion; thrombin; trophozoites; virulence
- ... Giardia lamblia is one of the most common protozoan infectious agents in the world and is responsible for diarrheal disease and chronic postinfectious illness. During the host-parasite interaction, proteases are important molecules related to virulence, invasion, and colonization, not only for Giardia but also for other parasites. We aimed to characterize the cysteine protease activity detected in ...
- Philippsen, Gisele S.; DeMarco, Ricardo
- Molecular and biochemical parasitology 2019 v.228 pp. 27-31
- Schistosoma mansoni; evolution; humans; introns; parasites; proteome; schistosomiasis; transposons
- ... The parasites belonging to the genus Schistosoma are agents of schistosomiasis, a disease estimated as affecting 235 million people in the world. To better understand the structure of Schistosoma mansoni genome, transposable elements (TEs) distribution and impact on gene structures were investigated. Our analyses indicated a differential distribution of TEs throughout the gene structure. Introns l ...