Jump to Main Content
- de la Mora-de la Mora, José Ignacio; Enríquez-Flores, Sergio; Fernández-Lainez, Cynthia; Gutiérrez-Castrellón, Pedro; Olivos-García, Alfonso; González-Canto, Augusto; Hernández, Roberto; Luján, Hugo D.; García-Torres, Itzhel; López-Velázquez, Gabriel
- Molecular and biochemical parasitology 2019 v.228 pp. 16-26
- Giardia lamblia; blood platelets; coculture; cysteine proteinases; diarrhea; encystment; enzyme activity; excretion; gel chromatography; host-parasite relationships; human cell lines; humans; parasites; pathogens; proteolysis; secretion; thrombin; trophozoites; virulence
- ... Giardia lamblia is one of the most common protozoan infectious agents in the world and is responsible for diarrheal disease and chronic postinfectious illness. During the host-parasite interaction, proteases are important molecules related to virulence, invasion, and colonization, not only for Giardia but also for other parasites. We aimed to characterize the cysteine protease activity detected in ...
- Duan, Chunhui; Hu, Dandan; Tang, Xinming; Suo, Jingxia; Wang, Si; Zhang, Sixin; Tao, Geru; Li, Chao; Wang, Chaoyue; Gu, Xiaolong; Tang, Xiaoli; Huang, Guangping; Xiang, Biqi; Wu, Shaoqiang; Mamoun, Choukri Ben; Suo, Xun; Liu, Xianyong
- Molecular and biochemical parasitology 2019 v.228 pp. 1-5
- DNA fragmentation; Eimeria necatrix; Influenza A virus; Protozoa; antigens; chickens; cloaca; coccidiosis; death; feces; fluorescent antibody technique; gene expression; genetic engineering; genetically modified organisms; merozoites; oocysts; parasites; pathogens; pyrimethamine; reporter genes; transfection; vaccines
- ... Eimeria spp., the causative agents of coccidiosis, are the most common protozoan pathogens of chickens. Infection with these parasites can result in poor development or death of animals leading to a devastating economic impact on poultry production. The establishment of transfection protocols for genetic manipulation of Eimeria species and stable expression of genes would help advance the biology ...