Jump to Main Content
- Hossain, Muhammad Tofazzal; Kim, Young-Ok; Kong, In-Soo
- Molecular and cellular probes 2013 v.27 pp. 171-175
- DNA; DNA primers; Vibrio parahaemolyticus; avirulent strains; digestive system diseases; disease outbreaks; fish industry; genes; humans; ingestion; polymerase chain reaction; public health; seafoods; seawater; shellfish; virulence
- ... Vibrio parahaemolyticus is a significant cause of human gastrointestinal disorders worldwide, transmitted primarily by ingestion of raw or undercooked contaminated seafood. In this study, a multiplex PCR assay for the detection and differentiation of V. parahaemolyticus strains was developed using primer sets for a species-specific marker, groEL, and two virulence markers, tdh and trh.Multiplex PC ...
- Roeber, Florian; Jex, Aaron R.; Gasser, Robin B.
- Molecular and cellular probes 2013 v.27 pp. 153-157
- DNA; Nematoda; eggs; feces; gastrointestinal nematodes; gastrointestinal system; isolation techniques; nematode infections; polymerase chain reaction; sheep
- ... The specific diagnosis of gastrointestinal parasite infections in livestock is central to their control. PCR assays have been developed for routine diagnosis and to overcome limitations of classical methods. Central to the performance of such assays is the effective isolation of the nucleic acids from samples and the elimination of components that are inhibitory to PCR. Here, we directly compared ...