Jump to Main Content
- Mršić, Gordan; Ozretić, Petar; Crnjac, Josip; Merkaš, Siniša; Račić, Ivana; Rožić, Sara; Sukser, Viktorija; Popović, Maja; Korolija, Marina
- Molecular biology reports 2017 v.44 no.1 pp. 183-189
- DNA; X chromosome; capillary electrophoresis; computer software; females; forensic sciences; haplotypes; linkage disequilibrium; linkage groups; loci; males; microsatellite repeats; polymerase chain reaction; Croatia
- ... The aim of the study was to assess forensic pertinence of 12 short tandem repeats (STRs) on X-chromosome in south Croatia population. Investigator® Argus X-12 kit was used to co-amplify 12 STR loci belonging to four linkage groups (LGs) on X-chromosome in 99 male and 98 female DNA samples of unrelated donors. PCR products were analyzed by capillary electrophoresis. Population genetic and forensic ...
- Randhawa, Rohit; Duseja, Ajay; Changotra, Harish
- Molecular biology reports 2017 v.44 no.1 pp. 1-4
- DNA; DNA fragmentation; DNA-directed DNA polymerase; alleles; annealing; case-control studies; cost effectiveness; gene frequency; genotype; genotyping; humans; polymerase chain reaction; single nucleotide polymorphism; temperature
- ... Various case-control studies have shown association of single nucleotide polymorphism rs12303764(G/T) in ULK1 with crohn’s disease. The techniques used in these studies were time consuming, complicated and require sophisticated/expensive instruments. Therefore, in order to overcome these problems, we have developed a new, rapid and cost effective Tetra-primer ARMS-PCR assay to genotype single nucl ...