Jump to Main Content
- Xu, Bin; Niu, Xiao-Bing; Wang, Zi-Dun; Cheng, Wei; Tong, Na; Mi, Yuan-Yuan; Min, Zhi-Chao; Tao, Jun; Li, Peng-Chao; Zhang, Wei; Wu, Hong-Fei; Zhang, Zheng-Dong; Wang, Zeng-Jun; Hua, Li-Xin; Feng, Ning-Han; Wang, Xin-Ru
- Molecular biology reports 2011 v.38 no.4 pp. 2589-2596
- Africans; Asians; bladder; case-control studies; confidence interval; genes; genotype; interleukin-6; meta-analysis; prospective studies; risk
- ... Interleukin-6 (IL-6) is a multifunctional cytokine involved in different physiologic and pathophysiologic processes and plays important roles in the etiology of cancer. The −174G>C polymorphism of the IL-6 gene influences IL-6 transcription and has been implicated in cancer risk. However, published data have been conflicting. To derive a more precise estimation of the relationship, a meta-analysis ...
- Krupa, Renata; Sliwinski, Tomasz; Wisniewska-Jarosinska, Maria; Chojnacki, Jan; Wasylecka, Maja; Dziki, Lukasz; Morawiec, Jan; Blasiak, Janusz
- Molecular biology reports 2011 v.38 no.4 pp. 2849-2854
- adenocarcinoma; case-control studies; colon; colorectal neoplasms; genes; genotype; homologous recombination; nationalities and ethnic groups; patients; polymerase chain reaction; proteins; restriction fragment length polymorphism; risk
- ... XRCC2 and XRCC3 proteins are structurally and functionally related to RAD51 which play an important role in the homologous recombination, the process frequently involved in cancer transformation. In our previous work we show that the 135G>C polymorphism (rs1801320) of the RAD51 gene can modify the effect of the Thr241Met polymorphism (rs861539) of the XRCC3 gene. We tested the association between ...
- PubMed Central: